Interview with Brume.
1. Who are you and how did the band get started?
We are a three-piece doom metal band out of San Francisco called Brume. Jamie, formerly from a metal band named Gurt out of the U.K., and Susie, formerly from band The Blah Boutique out of San Francisco, connected by going to local metal shows like the Melvins, High on Fire, Sleep, Windhand, Orange Goblin and Yob. The two started writing music together in 2014 and connected with a life time dooms-day drummer through craigslist, Jordan Perkins-Lewis. They released their first album in 2015 titled, “Donkey”.
2. Why did you choose Doom, and how would you describe your style?
One of Jamie’s major influences was Windhand and Sleep and Susie grew up in Southern Louisiana listening to Honkey, Suplecs and ill Whiskey, those influences lead to our doom sludge stoner style.
3. What would you consider to be the high point of your career so far?
Really kind reviews of our first album by Doomed and Stoned, The sleeping shaman, Thy demons be scribbling, Ride with the devil and random fans. You can read the reviews here.
4. Which three bands most influenced you?
Sleep, Windhand and The Melvins.
5. What are your plans for the near future?
We are going on a US west coast tour in October and a European tour in mid 2016. We are releasing our second album at the beginning of 2016.
6. If there is anything you would like to add, the last words are yours.
Brume wants to make music that inspires folks to get high, play dominos and drink whiskey.
Visit the Brume bandpage.
Interviewed on 2015-07-23 by doom-metal.com.